Recreational Vehicles

Boats, ATVs, off-road utility vehicles, off-road motorcycles, and snowmobiles are registered and titled in the Recorder’s Office in the county in which you reside.

Registration Instructions

  • Click on the appropriate Bill of Sale and Application Links below.
  • Print out both the Bill of Sale and Application forms after clicking on the appropriate links below.
  • Fill out both forms.
  • Bring them into the Recorder's Office with any other required paperwork.
  • Pay by cash, check, debit card, or credit card. Note that there are additional fees for using a debit or credit card.

Boat Registration

Required Paperwork In Iowa

Required Paperwork for Out of State

If Titled

If Not Titled

ATV & Snowmobile Registration

In Iowa

Out of State

If Titled

If Not Titled

Boats & Off-Highway Vehicles that have never been registered — Bill of Sale & Affidavit of Unregistered/Untitled (will need to be inspected by a DNR officer)

County Courthouse

220 N. Washington Ave.
Mason City, IA 50401
Contact · Report a Concern

Courthouse Hours

M-F 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed Holidays
Department Hours May Vary